Search This Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2009

slow, easy boiled...
surfacing memories of ancient scents and vision.
passing through intricate maze.
steps concealed by meticulous painted futures.

the ember smolders in silence.
who am i?

disguised and hidden, choked is the artist within.
"to thine own self be true." words on my wall
penned near perfect by genius who gave all to
his talent.

the calligraphic illumination created in time.
a time of clarity and steady hands. so long ago.

questioning the gain of my independence, what is learned?
tasting the world, losing love and family nearly swallowed by darkness.
i survived, inwardly frozen, moving forward. for once i desire to be free,
cared for and not possessed. Here am I.

romantic notions gone, shadowed by harsh reality of the world.
Crushed by world systems where creativity is caught in the cogs.
the depth of wholeness and sensibility the only treasure collected
along the way.

My exterior lacks it youthful beauty and innocence.
Go back to embrace the frightened girl of the past. The girl with no future
or so she thought?

Here am I, with eyes shut seeing myself emerge.
Only to open these eyes to a face I do not recognize.
with a man i know not for the mask of addiction
deceives, withdraws, manipulates and plays the game
so well. again i am duped by the charm.

0 comments: