Search This Blog

Monday, May 29, 2006

Salon.com TV on Crack


After all, what bothers us the most about addicts is that they're doing what we're all tempted to do, either once in our lifetime, once every few years, once every few months, or once a week: Give up. We hate the addict because we want to tell him or her, "Suck it up! Do you think I like going to my tedious job every day? Do you think I enjoy reading credit card bills I can't begin to tackle? Sure, I'd love to stay in bed and eat chocolate and smoke crack for the rest of my life, but I don't do that, because I know better!"


again the addict wins the contest, 
consuming all the others around them, getting all the treatment while we who walk the straight and narrow, paying again the price. we are smug about the messed up lives of addicts- any kind whose lives are out of control. glad it's not us... yet at the same time fearful and full of wonder at how we managed to NOT fall into it...

this article speaks truth. it speaks volumes about the condition of our society and culture climate. read with the fear of God and thank him for the mercy shown in your life.... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subscribe today! ADDICTSHUN | addictions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0 comments: