Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bobby Unser Jr: Are you out there?

This is indeed tragic. 
What a waste of life from any angle. My God, what happened to this talented man that corrupted his life to the point of drugs,  animals abused worse than anyone should have to see, and a house filled with absolute chaos and despair?

TELL ME WHERE THE PEOPLE in his life were before he fell so far. He most likely has broken the heart of his mother...and despite what people think about it his father as well.

Where is our sense of humanity as citizens in this world to care about society, our neighbors? Does the drug scene carry with it the air of celebrity so much that we look the other way???

We are all to blame. its a total shame on communities who look the other way without standing against this epidemic of drug abuse... something needs to change... i feel helpless to affect any of it... save but by prayer first.

May God have mercy on the soul and life of Bobby, and his family. That the animals left to die would be taken straight to heaven or placed in the hands of loving souls. 


May we all take a SOLID AND STRONG stand against the abuse and use of drugs. ANY DRUGS....I beg that we begin by cleaning our house of all addictions... GET YOURSELF WHOLE and teach others to do the same. 

RELATED INFO:
Bobby Unser, Jr. was the first son of Bobby Unser and Barbara Schumaker. Although he grew up in a racing family, Bobby, Jr. was not immediately interested in the sport. As a teenager he was more interested in drums than cars. He enjoyed racing motorcycles and snowmobiles and then eventually started racing go-karts. In 1976 Bobby, Jr. made his debut at the Pike's Peak Hill Climb with his father coaching him. Bobby, Jr. did not have the same kind of success as his father at Pike's Peak and in 1978 he even ran off the road. While Unser was supportive of his son, it was difficult for him to watch someone other than an Unser win that particular race.



Bobby Unser, Jr. was very conscious of his family's history at Pike's Peak and on the racing world in general. "I used to have these weird complexes that I had to do well because of the name," Bobby, Jr. wrote in The Bobby Unser Story. "My dad and uncle have won so much it makes it hard on me. It's a good name for a race driver to have but by the same token I don't want to ride on it." Bobby, Jr. won the Western World Sprint Car Championship in Arizona and also won the Toyota Father Son Championship twice with his father. 


However, Bobby, Jr. did not make a career of racing. In 1989 he started a stunt driving company called Unser Driving. He has also worked in real estate development and has done some commentating for ESPN. Bobby, Jr. resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico with his wife, two daughters, and son, Bobby Unser, III.


Read more: Bobby Unser - Related Biography: Racecar Driver Bobby Unser, Jr. - Racing, Father, Won, Peak, Pike, and Name http://sports.jrank.org/pages/5020/Unser-Bobby-Related-Biography-Racecar-Driver-Bobby-Unser-Jr.html#ixzz0yxLdnojM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subscribe today! ADDICTSHUN | addictions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Bobby and haven't talked with him for 3 years. This is a tragic event, I love Bobby so much in fact I am wearing a piece of turquoise he gave to me. I think about Bobby everyday because of it and I thank him for that.
I have been wondering about him for the past 3 years but have been unable to get a hold of him unfortunately.
Bobby there are alot of people in this world that truely love you and would like nothing more than to have you back in our lives.
Love yah Bro-Mike

rasama said...

to update the situation, the good news is Bobby is in recovery and working to make his life better. I have spoken to him and will say that he needs the support and encouragement of ALL his friends to make it happen. Sobriety rarely happens alone though it must start with the one addicted. I can get your message to him - i know it would mean a lot to him know that all friends have not closed the door on him.

Anonymous said...

Hi rasama, my name is Mark Tholen. I had the pleasure of hanging out with Bobby and my brother Mike a few years ago while they were working on a commercial shoot at california speedway. I would just like to let Bobby know that I am thinking of him and hope for nothing but the best for him. It was quite a thrill for me to meet him and I still have the autographed hat he gave me wrapped up in a safe place. Bobby is a very generous and kind person. I know first hand how drugs can screw up your life and don't judge him. Please let him know that he has people pulling for him. thanks, Mark

Anonymous said...

Rasama- I am thrilled to hear that Bobby is recovering and even more thrilled that you can get these messages to him, Thank you very much.

I would like you to tell him that Mike, John, and Mark (Mikes brother) are all thinking about him and would love for nothing else but for him to get well.
Bobby knows us as the Music/Audio company in Chicago with whom he did quite a bit of work with
on various commercials in LA and Dallas.
I would like it if you could give Bobby my email it is tholen@mac.com
Thank You-Mike

Unknown said...

I met Bobby Unser Jr. In 1981. He broke down in Stroud OK. My Dad had Bolen's Garage. My Mom called to tell there was a famous and good looking guy was at the shop, and he had the most beautiful eye's. It exciting to met him and his crew. He was going to go stay in Stillwater that evening , but changed their mind and stayed in Stroud. I was only 17 and he came up to the Sonic Drive-In and we talked for a while. He game me his address in NM with his phone number...
Made me feel like a very special girl, but he was much older! I really hope life comes together for him!!! Got to take of yourself for your children!!!
Charie Bolen Stroud, OK...

Unknown said...

Hi my name is carla carter gillum and me and bobby met at Dallas Texas at the race track and we were flirting all night long I remember his beautiful eyes I all way's wonder what happens to him because he was a wonderful guy just don't give up on him I have been there done that he need's all the support he can get miss and love ya take care of your kid's