Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thought: The Patterns We Form

THE FAMILY TREE
the most revealing view one can have is to look at the family tree and the addictive/codependent tendencies passed from each generation. i grew up close to my father the alcoholic and afraid of the codependent yet dominant mother. most of my relationships both friends and dating were a reflection of either my father or mother. to this day, i seem to collect those who are addicted and need a fixer. being a middle child makes it a perfect job. i see myself in both the addict and the co-dependent but after many years of working through my childhood issues, healing my wounds, i have found a normal balance to my life. 

By the Grace of God and principles found in scriptures I have found inner peace, life and hope. Coping is something of a daily discipline to keep on going, keep on bringing this message of life and love to others... Breaking the pattern of substance, verbal and physical abuse takes great courage. thank you to K.S. for a new site to give women hope and insight... 

HOWEVER, it appears women are getting all the support and help to become whole, while men are not... My prayer is that all men will rise up again to their own manhood of strength, being provider, caring for their wives, children and families without fear.... soon!

Interesting Read about addiction: Narcissism

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subscribe today! ADDICTSHUN | addictions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0 comments: