Search This Blog

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Learning from the past


Back in May, I wrote about a friend, Terry, a repeat offender with 12 DWI's. I updated the link as the video no longer exists on KRQE's site. Symbolically it made me think - it's time to update Terry's progress in life, as well as the link deleting the video.

I talked with Terry in October on a visit back home. If the troubles of a year probation and all the junk that goes with it can teach one to turn the other way, Terry has done just that. I observed a tremendous change and polish to him. He's calm, not angry and is working the 12 Step program with a zeal I rarely see in others. His business is flourishing and life seems to be falling in place. There's something to be said about sobriety. I've always liked him regardless of his addictions. We all have them in some form or another. It's only when addictions come to full fruition and hurt others that it's had to see past the sin. Or in other words: wrong doing, error, failure, immoral acts, criminal offense or misbehavior.

Terry never lost his sense of humor, ability to learn and move on during his struggle with addiction. Nor did his faith in God. He also is involved in his musical talent a gift worth polishing. His family stayed the course with him. My friend, his ex, kept a light to "normal" life out to him. Otherwise, he may have missed the forgiveness and restoration he enjoys now. I see the light in Terry and it makes me happy to know one more didn't bite the dust!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Subscribe today! ADDICTSHUN | addictions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Subscribe in a reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be Sober, Be Healed.
Are you or someone you know struggling with addiction?
It affects everyone. Ready for a change?
Addiction Rehab is available.
Make a choice today.

0 comments: